Our Covid-19 Response
Updated Care for Uncertain Times
COVID-19 poses a unique risk for the vulnerable, aging population in Assisted Living Communities. At Wellbound, we’ve developed a specialty response protocol to keep your community as safe as possible. Formulated together with our consulting doctors, our Wellbound COVID-19 protocols and parameters help track, treat, and manage residents that have been exposed or tested positive for COVID-19.
Wellbound’s COVID-19 Response Program offers both preventative and active care—preempting the spread of infection with regular assessment and testing. Our on-site nurses monitor residents constantly, leading to faster intervention, rapid quarantine, and better outcomes for the whole Community.
Testing & Treatment Protocols:
• Increased access to testing for residents: tests administered by on-site nurse.
• Assess residents daily or more frequently if tested positive.
• Assess residents daily or more frequently if symptomatic, but test results are pending.
• Assess and treat COVID-positive and symptomatic residents to reduce hospitalization.
• Monitor vital signs, lung sounds, oxygen levels via pulse oximeter and share info via clinical flowsheet.
• Oxygen monitored, when available and in use.
• Ongoing communication with community and doctor.
Treatment from Anywhere: Telemedicine & Teletherapy
Now, more than ever, access to remote medical attention and therapies is key to healthy living.
When needed, our on-site nurses can virtually communicate with off-site doctors to focus on needed treatment for covid positive residents, and help prevent decline or regression in quarantined residents.